The Lakers are considered contenders, but not favorites to win the NBA crown. I feel they need a legitimate presence on both ends to improve their chances to a title. Enter Dwight Howard.
I outlined in a previous post how the Lakers could get Dwight Howard in a three-team trade with the Orlando Magic and New Orleans Hornets. But we all know how the Lakers were screwed by the NBA in the botched Chris Paul trade. Things are also a little more complicated with a key trade piece in Lamar Odom actually getting traded to the Dallas Mavericks before the season started.
I've come up with a few other scenarios where the Lakers could get Howard using ESPN's Trade Machine.
- Los Angeles Lakers get Dwight Howard and Chris Duhon
- Orlando Magic get Andrew Bynum, Derrick Caracter and Matt Barnes
- Lakers get Dwight Howard and Hedo Turkoglu
- Magic get Bynum, Metta World Peace, and Matt Barnes
- Lakers get Dwight Howard and Luis Scola
- Magic get Andrew Bynum, Kevin Martin, and Jordan Hill
- Houston Rockets get Pau Gasol and Hedo Turkoglu
- Lakers get Dwight Howard and Mehmet Okur
- Magic get Andrew Bynum, Anthony Morrow, and Jordan Farmar
- New Jersey Nets get Pau Gasol, Hedo Turkoglu, and Chris Duhon
The scenarios are just,well, scenarios and this could change as the trade deadline in March.
Technorati: Los Angeles Lakers